Monday, July 18, 2011

Santa Monica Dreamin'.

Day #3 of my LA Trip a few weeks ago, had the chance to have my first LA blogger meet-up w/ the lovely Crystal of Cryskay.com. My roomie, Kaylie also came to hang out as well.  We visited the beeeautiful city of Santa Monica..all the sights, blue-skies, and white sand..if only I can stay and lounge there all summer long :p.
There were the cutest set of beach houses..looks like even houses know how to color-block ;). The pink and purple one was my fave, barbie-like.
And of course, had to take a pic of the infamous LA traffic :P.
Ate at a sushi-boat restaurant back in Old Town, Pasadena with Kaylie later on.  Looved it!  I am on a quest to find an equivalent restaurant here in the bay area.  If you know of any, please tell me! :)
We found this huuge smurf thing (k, don't blame me, I forgot what they are called! lol) in the middle of the shopping center in SM.  We couldn't help but take funny pics in front of it...picking its nose :P.
One day, I will invite you all to my pretty beach house in Santa Monica :)..a girl can dream right?
P.S. Check out Crystal's blog post on our SM trip too!
--
I hope you lovelies had a great weekend!  And are enjoying the sun (finally the gloomy days are gone)..you think we'll have an indian summer in the bay area this fall like last year?  Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your sweetest comments & support on my blog.  Am off to get lots of inspiration from your blogs! <3  Happy Monday Beautifuls!
P.S.x2. Check out my recent features! here:
Elle.com Street Style
Teen Vogue Fashion Click Look of the Day
Blogger Spotlight on Crystal Hearts Vintage

♥, Kathleen.
Follow Inspirafashion
Follow Kathleencarla on Twitter  Subscribe to me on YouTube

37 comments:

maggie said...

There's actually a nice sushi boat place in Japantown, right next to the bathrooms above the parking garage. It's relatively cheap and it tastes okay. Great place to go with one or two people, since it's rather small.

Those houses on Santa Monica are so cute! I saw them when I was there, as well

Kitsune-kun said...

I love the pastel buildings in the sunshine and both your shorts are so cute!

herecomesthesun said...

Enjoying all your pictures from your trip! Looks like you had a great time.

Christine B said...

your photos are so cute! your blogger friends are so stylish too :D that smurf pic is to adorable!

www.heartmadefashion.blogspot.com

samantha rae said...

i love those shorts in navy! they look great on you!

Anisa Young said...

We have the same pair of shorts! ohmygosh, let's match :) I loved Santa Monica, too cute! The houses there were AMAZING! And that sushi restaurant looked auhhhmazin! We must get sushi together one day! you're too too cute love! <3 Anisa

Unknown said...

i'd be so down to get a beach house for a summer in LA! beautiful pics as always!

Precious Henshaw said...

Amazing pics and outfit! :)



Enter my current giveaway:
http://joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com/2011/07/mossy-rock-designs-aceo-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

well now, i want sushi....

andd to meet the smurfs... haha

Catherine said...

you and the other girls look amazing! love your shorts xxx

thereformedwanderer said...

Love your ring! and you look stunning!

Anonymous said...

I loove your shorts here, Kat! :) ahhh yess, we need to hang out soon! I've just been busy with art camps and Jordy left for LA yesterday for another week. But it's perfect because I'm free next week! I'll hit you up as soon as I confirm with Jordy when she's free as soon as she comes back! Can't wait! <3

XX Nat

cryskay said...

it was so nice hanging out that day! we need to do some serious shopping next time! ;) did kaylie ever start her fashion blog? lol

Run With Fashion said...

LOOOVE SANTA MONICA!!!
LOL @ "looks like even houses know how to color-block" :D
LOL @ pivking the smurfs nose. :D
Love the pics, and twin sister and I loooved your blue shorts! ♥

The Fancy Teacup said...

Such cute photos of you girls! Would have loved to hang out with you and Crystal and your new roomie. At least I got to see you! Santa Monica is always a fun place to visit and shop :)

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Jlo said...

Both of you look so gorgeous in those summery outfit! :D Love the blue shorts & your sling bag <3

XoXo

http://pretzyness.blogspot.com

Candypop said...

love the outfits cute as!!

Evs said...

oooh! great photos :)!

et après nous said...

What a lovely place ! I'd like to visit it ! Love the colorblock houses ! Also love your high waisted shorts and your sandals !

http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

dolceedamara said...

What an amazing beach! Would love to visit it!
xoxo
dolceedamara.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Aww it looks like you had a really lovely time - i love holidaying with the friends :)

I love your denim shorts too - are they like jeggin material?

Alex
Little Humble Fashion Abode

Natalie Suarez said...

awww you are making me miss home so much! my favorite city right here hehehehehhe! love your shorts as well! xoxooxox

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

j3nhow said...

love ur outfit esp the shorts!!!!!

xoxo jenna
http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com

sweet harvest moon said...

You both look really cute!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Bronzed Humanity said...

Aww great photos! Looks like too much fun...love the smurf photos!
xx

Hot Pink Day
Shop Blue Vanilla

Shevah said...

I love all these photos. You're too cute! :P Congrats on all of your features, love!

Janelle Moran said...

they're really lovely pictures. :D

Lovelyladyjb said...

I've never been to SM, but looks like you had a blast! new follower! love your blog already! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls, and I love the purple and pink house. It's definitely very barbie.

Emma said...

looks like a lot of fun! you all look very lovely, i love your shorts hun

Shels415 said...

Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to go back there soon, and I hope we do get Indian summer in the bay. It's actually quite nice this week!

There is a small sushi boat restaurant near where I work in the Financial District..very cheap!

XOXO
Shels
http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

Emanuela said...

Love your shorts super cute, looks like you had fun!!! Miss L.A sooo much!!!^^

xo Emma

www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

these images are so marvellous and your hair is to die for

Molly Jean said...

cute shorts, you look so cute and chic!

ALICE MARGO said...

this place looks freaking amazing!x

wander-lustt.blogspot.com

Jordana Lilly said...

i love your outfit so much! those gladiators, shorts, sheer top♥ santa montica is my fave, so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Isobune in the Japantown mall is so good. And I think it is much better than the one in Old Town.