Light pink Urban Outfitters (thrifted at Buffalo Exchange) dress, Tan thrifted boater hat, Dark brown thrifted belt, Tawny thrifted bag, Light gray Forever 21 oxfords.
The majority of this outfit is basically thrifted except for the F21 oxfords. If anyone were to ask me what's my most favorite pastime? I would instantly say, "thrifting." It's not only shopping, but an actual hobby for me. I get more excited for going to a thrift store than any regular clothing store. It's just the act of trying to find things in such a messy pile (odd I know)..can be seemingly fun! I don't know why but I just find thrifted clothing to have a bit more character with its past history of belonging to another owner & not only that, the price it has for beautiful and unique pieces.
Few Tips for Thrifting.
I'm no expert at thrifting, but here are a few of my personal tips for those who are unsure of what to do when you arrive at a thrift store.
1) As I wholly agree with Clothes Encounters Blog, go with a friend. Not only will you have some fun quality time, but you'll also bounce off each others ideas or give opinions of whether or not the clothes you picked out suit you well.
2) Have a lot of patience. As said previously, the racks can be very daunting and mostly, messy and unorganized. Take your time going through every rack, usually they are separated either by color or by categories (bottoms, tops, jackets, etc.).
3) Be prepared for clothes not being in their greatest condition, ie. stains, wrinkles, etc. For this, just know that once you take it home, you can wash, iron, or even sew it to the size you want. So no worries on their not-so-great condition.
4) Be excited for the lowest prices, everrr! BUT, don't go overboard..just because tops are $5 each, don't end up buying 10 of them, that's already $50! And you came there to save right? I suggest taking your time to look for key distinct and beautiful pieces instead.
5) Lastly, find clothes you feel can be incorporated to your wardrobe. Think in your head, oh this piece will look great with that skirt I already have, and so forth. And most importantly, HAVE FUN.
Alrighty lovelies, I'm off to get much-needed sleep. Tuesday is also the BARE Creative Team meeting, very excited to see how things will turn out. In addition this week, I'm attending on Wednesday the Crossroads Trading Co. Blogger Panel in SF, I'm nervous yet excited :).
Hope your weeks are starting out well beautifuls!
PS. If I were to make the DIY floral headbands for you (seen in the previous post), would you be interested in buying them?? :)
Also! Don't forget to enter the Hardcouture Valentine's Day Giveaway for a chance to win a Leopard Chiffon Bandeau and a Cherry Blossom Floral Crown! :) Giveaway runs until this coming Friday, 2/11.