Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Great Gatsby.

Light blue Forever 21 blouse, Blue c/o Francesca's Collections necklace, Tan Urban Outfitters BDG mid-rise skinny jeans, Dark blue Out of Print The Great Gatsby tote via ModCloth, Tan Steve Madden Grettta heels, Ivory F21 & HM bracelets.




Something I'm very excited about for Spring is colored denim -- these tan denim jeans is a good start to my growing collection.  Am coveting a mint and lilac pair next.  I've noticed too, that once I get hooked on a certain style or aspect of fashion, previously were cropped knit sweaters, I end up buying a lot of it.  Now something new to add to my bad fashion habits.
Decided to wear a fun outfit.  Thought of giving my Great Gatsby tote some love on my blog :)..it's definitely such a cute and unique tote (aand one of my all-time fave books).  Btw, are you excited for the new Great Gatsby movie?? Altho far away, can't wait to see Carey Mulligan as Daisy! :)
Paired off the denim with my Steve Madden heels which are definitely one of my most comfortable heels.  Thought of wearing the F21 blouse with my Francesca's Collections necklace which makes the blouse look even more chic.
--
I hope you lovelies are doing well!  Can't believe January is over and now onto February!  Which btw, Valentine's Day is almost here!  I'm still thinking up mine..maybe bringing the bf to see a drive-in movie or maybe I'll be creative and make him something, we'll see ;p.  What are your Valentine's Day plans??

P.S. I entered my blog in the Refinery 29 next big style blogger contest.  Would mean so much to me if you could vote for me :).  Vote here:  
You can find me by hitting both CTRL F on the keyboard and typing my name "Kathleen".  Then, u can click the heart button near my photo :).  Thx lovelies!

♥, Kathleen.
Follow Inspirafashion
Follow Kathleencarla on Twitter  Subscribe to me on YouTube  

42 comments:

ATW said...

you look wonderful as always!!
xxx love

http://pulcinellata.blogspot.com/

♥ Tanachi ♥ said...

Nice trousers!! I like the color (: Perfect with those light-colored heels

The Fancy Teacup said...

The blouse has me swooning, and I'm pretty stoked about colored denim as well! I pretty much have every color except neon yellow- not sure if I'm that bold yet. Pretty excited about V-day planning too, yours with the drive in theater sounds lovely. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Fowzia Madar said...

Love the outfit the shoes are beautiful,
xoxo

Alviana Kalin said...

such a lovely blouse! and I love the necklace. pretty!



Alviana Kalin.
viethefoodamateur.

Irmak said...

Such a lovely bag, I love it! (:

Sarah said...

I love the bag! xxx

Charlene Gondo said...

Found you blog via Teenvogue fashion click. And yes you have a magnificent style. I love your style! ;) Loving that blue pearl-ed shirt combined with camel pants.

Summer Flounce

Rory said...

have fun at the drive in! sounds cute <3 that pearl-studded blouse is gorgeous and even better...THAT NECKLACE <3
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CHICTOPIA

sherri said...

I love this outfit girl! Perfect combo :)

xo sherri
www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This outfit is so gorgeous! Love the pastel tones! Especially that shirt. Beautiful :) x

Joellen said...

Your blouse is all kinds of perfect!!

Emily said...

This outfit is beautiful! I love the color combo the most! Someones ready for spring! xx

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Love your style and blog.
xxxx to you! Emily of EL Vintage

Carina said...

Beautiful outfit! The brown and light greeny blues go so nicely together <3

maggie said...

Love your outfit! The light blue top is paired so well with your tan pants, and the necklace makes such a statement!

xx maggie
saltandleather.blogspot.com

Anisa Young said...

THE TOTE! It is so so sooo cute! I love it with the outfit! Get the lilac jeans, those would look so cute!! I miss you too girly, lets def get coffee soon <3

-Keerah said...

Hey Kathleen, i just want to say that you seem like a really good person. Your pictures always exude positivity and its a fresh breath, I love your blog you are doing a GREAT job!
-Keerah
amazonandthecity.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your color combo! Really cute outfit!
Great blog girl xx

Tonya said...

Ahh you are always the sweetest :) I love your comments! You are always so supportive & you were one of the first bloggers to out me on their blogroll...I'll never forget!
Anyways, those jeans look so amazing on you..the color is perfect! And the shoes are wonderful with them too. Love this..so chic!

Emma said...

really adorable blouse lovely

Kultur und Stil said...

I love this blouse and the necklace makes such a great match with it!
xxx Anita

caramel rock said...

Love the outfit, looks stunning!

Laura said...

I have no idea how you do it - you always look gorgeous! I love the blouse's soft color, perfect for this season! I'd love to have summer now, NYC is freaking cold :D Great post, sweetheart, you warm my life up a little ;) xo from NYC
http://hollylovespaul.blogspot.com/

theversastyle said...

loving the blouse!! awesome find at f21... and i love the necklace layered over!!


x0
annette

Anonymous said...

Just voted for you!
xx,
Mary

MarieBayArea said...

those skinny jeans look fabulous on you. love the heels and necklace too.

BlaiseRuby said...

Wowzaaaa you are gorgeous, gonna follow you after such amaazing outfit choice there haha! totally love your hair too :)

http://blaiseruby.blogspot.com/


x

Amanda said...

Oh I definitely need mint in my closet... this outfit is just PERFECTION! loving your style!

kathleen said...

gorgeous, cute outfit. i love the colour scheme :)

cocoandgarcon.blogspot.com

Karoline Kalvø said...

Sooo gorgeous. You must be the cutest girl I've ever seen. Love your blog and style.

Kisses from Norwegian model, blogger and student
http://karolinekalvo.blogspot.com

christie said...

love the shoes!

Katie said...

love that blouse! yeah the great gatsby is one of my fave books too! i love the version with toby stephens and mira sorvino in :)

Katie x

AleksandraNajda.com said...

Great post ♥ The blouse is amazing, and I love your shoes too.!

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

love your shoes! stunning look!

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

Anonymous said...

Im in love with your shoes!

J said...

Very cute! love your bag!

-Josie, 8bitgrayscale

james said...

ok so! spring break, i will totally make a trip up there! :) i miss you too girly! i cannot wait to get together where its not rainy or too cold and we're all starving like FNO, lol. it was fun though for sure! i hope everything is going well with school and with your rommie, say hello for me :) and i'm so jelly of your printed pleated Wu skrit! I soo wanted that skirt too plus a dress and a purse but as i said.. i drove to 3 different targets and they were all gone :( i wish you well babe and lets plan our date! have a great week!

xx jamie

Kristin said...

love your haircut :) & love your shoes as always <3

My Fashion Blog: Strawberriespls | Shop My Closet

Christina C said...

I'm definitely with you wanting lilac skinnies... I've been craving a pair myself! Jealous that you can wear such a light blouse in Feb.
Love from NY
http://exquisitesearching.blogspot.com

Juno said...

This outfit is so cute! It reminds me of one of my good friends.
xx,
Juno

Sharnie Hung said...

Love the sheer blouse and that necklace!

Giveaway at my blog: http://whatislifewithoutwhimsy.blogspot.com/2012/02/random-giveaway.html