Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Polka-dotted floral.

Navy thrifted Liz Claiborne polka dot blouse, Black c/o Crystal Hearts Vintage floral silk cardigan, Silver rings: Forever 21, Crossroads, Tan American Apparel chiffon skirt, Brown c/o Hobo International Candis bag, Black thrifted straw boater hat, Tan Sam Edelman Valin wedges.



Hi Lovelies!!  I know it's been quite a while since I've posted, but better late than never right?!  I've really missed you all so much...that's why been trying to KIT via my facebook and twitter on my off-days from the blog.  Anyways, the Holidays took a big toll on me -- family parties, shopping for presents, the works.  

But, back with a cool post!  For this New Year, really want to change-up or moreover enhance my wardrobe..I want to challenge myself in fashion by trying to incorporate more prints and brighter colors in my everyday style.  Sooo..first up -- prints! I've always loved from afar how ppl can convey the "print-on-print" trend so perfectly..but today, decided to try it for myself!  I love this cardigan from Crystal Hearts Vintage, firstly because it has this cute floral design but also a unique silk fabric.  Mixing floral and polka dots seemed like the best way to create a cute yet fun outfit.
Added silver accessories and boater hat for a laidback look, along with my trusty Hobo International Candis bag  (I've used it to death..it has so many amazin' features -- bonus: lots of pockets!), and for comfort and height wore my Sam Edelman wedges.

I hope you lovelies are doing well!  Unfortunately, my winter break is nearing its end and I'm trying to savor each moment before I have to go back.  I can't believe my last semester at UC Berkeley is coming up!!  I still remember being a freshmen in college.  My first class at Cal was huge! 600 students in one classroom.  I will miss you Cal. Sigh, bittersweet.
Have an amazing week ahead!  Keep inspiring Beautifuls <3.
♥, Kathleen.
Follow Inspirafashion
Follow Kathleencarla on Twitter  Subscribe to me on YouTube  

43 comments:

The Fancy Teacup said...

Kathleen, I adore you wearing prints! Of course you always look pretty in the neutral tones, as well. Best wishes on your last semester! Miss you, lovely girl. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Ispirationflor said...

So nice!

Rania Kelesidou said...

such a lovely outfit!

pancakestacker said...

lovee the mixed prints! but more so, love your nails! what's the color girl?? we will most def have to do a DIY when you girls come over! Bracelets and collars! and nailssss! :)


xoxo,
http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

Kaye said...

Holy print mixing, this is so cute! And you lookadorable in hats. I'm jealous!

Also I love your nail polish - what is it, if you don't mind my asking? :3

Anonymous said...

omg, I LOVE! that floral print cardigan is amazing!!
good luck on your last semester! It's my last semester at college as well!! :)

xx
www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

omg you look so cute! love the polka dots! we need to run into each other again!

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

Sarah said...

I love the contrasting prints! So pretty! xxx

Krissy ~ style san san said...

ahh your cardigan is so cute! i love the mix of prints! adorable!
Krissy xoxo

Arstcrylique said...

Nice mix of patterns.

Sara Ottavia C.

Natalie Suarez said...

so so adorable! OBSESSED! xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

MeganRose. said...

yay, keep the posting going! that is a very pretty cardigan and you did print on print very well! have a great week, lovely!
xx,
megan

Anonymous said...

Cute mixed patterns! Great accessories :)

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

♥ Tanachi ♥ said...

What a beautiful outfit! ♥ Love the blouse combined with the skirt!

Rory said...

love the pattern mixing! goes GREAT with that skirt <3
Rory

www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CHICTOPIA

David Diaz said...

I would so steal that cardigan from you! :P Love the outfit! :D

xo

Laura said...

I love this to two print look awesome together, I really want your hat as well! x

maggie said...

You look so great with the two prints! Definitely cool seeing you mix it up a bit and trying out something new :)
Graduating from uni sounds so scary, much moreso than applying for it!

xx maggie
saltandleather.blogspot.com

Emma said...

gorgeous mixed prints. love that skirt too

Anonymous said...

Ah, I don't usually like polka-dots (at least on myself), but I like the look of polka-dots and floral that you have in your outfit. It's definitely a fun outfit! Good to hear that you had a great holiday/winter break an I hope you have a lovely start to the new semester!

Jacquelyn said...

Love the mixing of prints!! Have fun in your last semester Kathleen!


XO J
styleworthwhile.blogspot.com

james said...

such prettiness going on right now! two of my favorite prints, floral and poka dot! you are so darling my dear kat! miss you doll!

xx jamie

Fé... said...

It's really cool to clash all those colors and patterns together. It's a fantastic ensemble I think! I heart the touch of silver for your nail polish. You rock girl!

HauteMangoGirl said...

amazing!! :)

xx

Shevah said...

awhhhh man its been so long since i've been on your blog. i'm happy to see that you're still as beautiful and fashionable as ever! love this look :)



xo.

Tiffany said...

I am a big fan of patterns on patterns, and I love, love, love what you came up with.

I also have that AA skirt in 3 different colors because I wear it so often haha :(

http://www.prettytrees.com

Abi Tottenham-Smith said...

gorgeous outfit, love the cardi

Chyrel Gomez said...

Happy New Year, KC! Love the shoes and like you, will try to wear more color and prints for this year. :)

"coy" colleen said...

i'm a big fan of the florals and polka dots. such a darling outfit!
good luck with the rest of your semester!

Steph said...

Just discovered your blog! Loving the mixed prints and that pretty colored skirt with it. Adorable! (:

http://fashionisingabout.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

amazing!!! love the mix of prints!!!!! LOVE YOUR JACKET SO MUCH!!

XOXOXO

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

Lovely patterned jacket!
birdonabriar.blogspot.com

drinkcitra said...

Looks amazing! Love the flowered prints!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Love the floral and dots! You mix it so well! :) xo

Rachel said...

OMG YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING!!
I just found it and i absolutely adore all of your outfits!
Congrats almost finishing Berkeley! I live in SF and that's an amazing schoo. What are your plans after?

colored--shadows.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love the mix of patterns and color. You have such a cute style and I really love your blogue

Laura said...

Love the combo! How come you always find such fantastic outfits? I can't get enough of your beautiful shots! xo from NYC
http://hollylovespaul.blogspot.com/

lucypilz said...

Oh i love this look. Especially the rings. I am a sucker for rings!

Love your blog. Just became a follower. Looking forward to your future posts. If you have time, come check out my blog too, and maybe become a follower if you like it!!

Luc X

luceinthesky-lpilz.blogspot.com/

HeartNhandmade said...

Love love love!!
you really are an inspiration :)
So fashinable! :)
Marietta

Unknown said...

This look really works for you. I'm rubbish with mixing and matching prints but you've done this really well! Love it :) x

Christina C said...

It's so good to see some awesome thrifted pieces in there... nice finds! I love nothing more than a beautiful bargain.

DIY fashion blog -
http://exquisitesearching.blogspot.com